Saturday, January 12, 2013

BCS Title Game & Notre Dame



I could sing the  +University of Notre Dame  fight song from about the time I could talk. My dad attended ND law school  & I was also accepted into undergrad at ND. But, I chose to go elsewhere due to 2 main reasons: 1) the hefty price tag & 2) my major (exercise science/sports medicine) was not an option there. My love for ND still remains, just right behind my  +UNC Tarheels . I was trilled to watch them play in the BCS title game for the 1st time since I was 12. But what is with these title games being on Monday nights? This is when I really miss living on the west coast! Although the outcome was not what I was hoping for - the evening was not a wash. I decided to try another new recipe from +Cooking Light. This one was the  Tortilla chip casserole recipe. It was quite simple to make & I decided to marinate the chicken in tony chachere's seasoning and cook on the grill. 



So what did I pair with this fabulous dish? You (didn't) guess it - a +Bud Light. Yes, you read that right. There is nothing wrong with a bud light on a "school night". I wanted a tasty beer - but not one that was too heavy since I had to get up bright & early to head to Gainesville. And when you've grown up in FL and it is hot & humid out - sometimes you do want your alcohol to taste a bit like water!

No comments:

Post a Comment